Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Giving a panel at Anime Boston...

If you'd like to hear me natter in person and are planning on attending Anime Boston this weekend, my fiancee and I will be giving a panel on "Reading too Much into Gurren Lagann" at 1 p.m. Friday.

Any schlub can find depth in Evangelion or Utena; we're going to go beyond the impossible, kick reason to the curb, and drill down into Gurren Lagann. That's the Gurren-dan way!

Update 04/04/10: And it was AWESOME! I did not realize they were putting us in the big panel room, or that we were listed under the Mad Science theme in the schedule for some reason. We filled the room! I estimate around 200 people showed up, which is more than every panel I've given combined.

And the people there asked some great questions, gave me lots of ideas for revising the panel for the summer and fall cons -- it was just an awesome crowd. Viga also did a great job on her segments of the panel, and a great time was had by all. I'm going to clean my notes up and post them up here later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment